TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 2020 [Application Form, Exam Pattern, Date] : Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission will release the TNPSC Group 2A notification in the month of October and Previously it was notified as TNPSC Group 2A & now it is TNPSC Group 2. After the declaration of TNPSC notification, all the eligible candidates have to apply online only @ https://apply.tnpscexams.in. Portal for submission of online applications for the posts of Group 2 & Group 2A will remain open up to Nov 2019. After the completion of the TNPSC Group 2 application form, admit card/hall ticket is issued for the preliminary exam. The common exam is conducted for both Group 2 & Group 2a post i.e for the interview and non-interview vacancies. TNPSC Group 2 results will be declared at the end of November.
Every year TNPSC conducts Group 2A exam in the state of Tamil Nadu to recruit various positions available in various government departments. TNPSC Group 2A notification only released for non interview posts. In 2020 Tamil Nadu Public service commission will release TNPSC Annual calendar in the month of May 2020. TNPSC conducts Group 2A exam in the objective type and the questions asked in the exam are of degree standard. TNPSC exam conducts for 300 marks.
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Important Dates
Yet the notification is not released for TNPSC Group IIA 2020, from our experience of TNPSC Group 2 previous exams we are expecting some dates for the year 2020.
|Release of Notification||Oct 2020|
|Starting date to apply||Oct 2020|
|Closing date to apply||Nov 2020|
|Last date for the payment of examination fee through bank||Three days after the last date to submit in June 2020|
|Date of Prelim Written Examination||Jan 2020|
|Hosting of tentative answer key||Two or three days after the preliminary examination|
|Timeline for raising objections for tentative answer key||A week from the publishing of preliminary answer key|
|Result for the Written Examination||One month after the date of the test|
|Date of Main Written Examination||–|
|Result of Main Written Examination||–|
|Call Letter For Document Verification/ Oral Test||A week after the result for Written examination|
|Document verification scheduled||To be notified|
|Publishing Final list of selected candidates||May 2021|
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Notification 2020
As for our latest information TNPSC Groupf 2A and Group 2 notification going to release in the month of October. Interested candidates who are eligible need to apply online from the official website. Whenever the TNPSC Group 2 recruitment notification releases we update this webpage with official links of TNPSC.
Also Check: AP DS Notification
TNPSC Group 2A and Group 2 Eligibility
Eligibility is not the same for all the positions of TNPSC Group 2 & TNPSC Group 2A. So, we have given education qualification for all the positions available in the TNPSC Notification below.
The applicant’s age must be completed 18 years at the time of submission of the TNPSC Group 2a application form. Age limit for the unreserved candidates is 30 years. There is no upper age limit for candidates from SC/ST (A)/ST/MBC/Denotified communities/BC (Other than Muslims), BC (Muslims) and destitute women of all castes. There is no upper age limit for differently-abled candidates. For ex-servicemen, there is no upper age limit for candidates from reserved categories. For others, the utmost age limit is 48 years. However, the relaxation will not be applicable for candidates, who have already been appointed to any category, class or service.
Educational and Technical Qualification
The educational and technical qualification required for different positions in TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examination – IIA is as per the table is given below:
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Application Form 2020
Hence the submission of the TNPSC application is done online only and applicants should read the TNPSC Notification carefully to know the TNPSC Group 2 application last date. If you miss the chance to apply with in the date. As per in the notification stated that no one is allowed to apply the TNPSC Group II Exam after the completion of the last date. TNPSC Apply Online link will expire after the last date ends.
The process to be followed by the aspiring candidates to apply for the TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examination Group II – A is as follows:
- Interested candidates may take this opportunity to apply online by visiting official websites given here i.e tnpscexams.in, www.tnpscexams.net or tnpsc.gov.in.
- If you are the first time participating in the TNPSC Exams. Remember before filling TNPSC Group 2 application first register at TNPSC by Using one time registration process.
- In short form, it is called as OTPR. It is used to apply any TNPSC exams by visiting the applicant’s dashboard.
One-Time Registration (OTR) Process
- Visit the TNPSC official website www.tnpscexams.net to register at OTPR
- Now you should find the “New User Link”
- Take 10th Class Memo, Carefully type the name of yours as it appears on Marks Memo.
- Type your intial and name in the separate boxes. If you don’t have intial leave it as it keeping empty.
- Give your date of birth as it appears on SSLC marks memo.
- Give your basic information such as the mother’s name and father’s name in the boxes. And also give your gender.
- Type your birth taluk name in the place of birth box.
- Select the options of your mother tongue, district of your father belongs, Nationality and religion.
- Give your community details. Enter the community category of he/she belongs, only if you have community category certificate issued in the districts of Tamil Nadu. Other candidates can choose the “others” option by clicking on the drop down.
- After giving the community category certificate details such as communal category, certificate number, the name of the district, name of the Taluk, Name of the sub-caste, and Date of Issue and Issuing authority details from your community certificate.
- Fill the TNPSC Group 2A application form with SSC certificate details.
- Give your active email id and mobile number either yours or parents’ number. TNPSC department communicates the candidates through this email id and mobile number till the end of the TNPSC Recruitment process.
- Enter the correct address i.e permanent address and correspondence address. If both address are same, fill the correspondence address first and mark the tick “permanent address as correspondence address” in the permanent address option.
- The next Step is User ID. It has to be between 5 and 15 alphanumeric characters. If it is available that you are interested in, click on the show availability. If the Id is not available you have to try after giving details of yours choice.
- Now give your desired password between 5-10 alphanumeric characters. If both ID and Username is taken by the system. You should note down the username and password in a safe place.
- After filling TNPSC Group 2 application form, check once again before marking tick on the declaration page. After checking once you know all the details are correct now mark the tick.
- This is the final step of submission. Now click on the “Submit” button.
- After clicking on the submit button. OTP is generated and send to the mobile number. Now enter this OTP in the OTR page and on Submit button again.
- To register OTR, the application fee of Rs.150 should be paid by the candidates. The OTR is valid for 5 years. You can apply for any positions by using this OTR in a period of 5 years.
- Before making payment check the instructions displayed in the OTR page. You are given three options to choose the payment 1.Netbanking 2. Debit card 3. Credit card
- Applicants can choose options to make payment displayed on the OTR page.
- You can also know the status of the payment. The option to check the payment status is given in the TNPSC Group 2A official website.
- Applicants can edit some of the options in the OTR page. If you forgot the password, you can also change the password. TNPSC OTR dashboard gives all the details of the candidates for the posts they are applied from the beginning.
- To submit TNPSC Group 2 application form. You need to have a registration number and password to login to submit the application form.
- To apply for OTR you need to have a recent scanned passport-sized photo and signature.
TNPSC Group 2A 2020 : How To Apply Online?
- If you have already registered with OTR on or before 29th of September 2015, you can login to OTR Dashboard to create applicants dashboard with username and password. Don’t create more than one OTR in TNPSC Group 4 official website.
- To apply for the TNPSC Group 2A 2020 current recruitment vacancies, simply find the apply online link beside the recruitment link. You can apply for the TNPSC Group IIA position by using the registration number and password
- Candidates need to choose the desired post or service.
- Now you can choose the option to upload passport size photo and signature according to guidelines mentioned in the TNPSC Portal website.
- Without Passport photo and signature the TNPSC Group 2 2020 online application will not be accepted.
- All the particulars you give in the online application including the center of examination, Email ID, address, DOB, communal category, educational qualification, post applied and your name will be considered final
- TNPSC will not allow the candidates to edit/modify the application with in the last Date. You should also remember that some options are fixed, which means you cannot edit the application once you submit it. So be careful and take much time without giving wring entities in the application form.
- You can also take the submitted application form in pdf format or you can take the print out of it.
- After submission of application, registration and password is useful to take the print out.
- Since you submitted the application form Online. Submitted online application form need not to send TNPSC commission via offline.
- Your certificates will be verified only when you selected to the further rounds of the selection process in TNPSC CCSE – IIA recruitment.
Candidates who are already registered OTR before, you can apply for TNPSC Group 2A 2020 recruitment with only an examination fee. However, some of the candidates are exempted from the examination fee. Below we have given the table the exemption candidates category list.
|SC/ST/SC (A)||Full Exemption||–|
|Differently-abled people and destitute women of all communities||Full Exemption||For differently-abled individuals, the disability should be more than 40%|
|For destitute women, they will have to get the DW certificate from the Assistant Collector/Sub-Collector or RDO|
|MBC/Denotified communities/BC (other than Muslims)/BC Muslims||Candidates, who have not availed the three free chances till date in any of the past recruitments may avail exemption from the payment of exam fee.||Should not have used three free chances in any of the previous notifications|
|Ex-Servicemen||Candidates, who have not availed the two free chances till date in any of the past recruitments may avail exemption from the payment of exam fee.||Should not have used two free chances in any of the previous notifications|
|The fee concession will not be applicable for candidates, who have already recruited for any service or class or category.|
You can utilize online or offline options to pay the examination fee. Through offline you can choose Post office/Indian Bank or SBI Bank challan.
- All scanned education certificates
- Scanned Passport Size photo and signature
- If your paying fee online, take card details either it could be credit card/debit card.
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Exam Pattern 2020
TNPSC Group 2A and Group 2 test will be conducted in 2 stages Prelim and Main exam.
Candidates who are attending the preliminary exam must aware of the examination pattern. For TNPSC Group 2 & TNPSC Group 2a common exam is conducted in the objective type for both interview and noninterview posts.
|Subject||No. of MCQs||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability Test|
Students who are qualified in the preliminary exam, only for them, the main exam is conducted. Patten of examination is given below in the tabular form.
|Parts||Test name||No. of questions||Marks||Total marks|
|A||English to Tamil Translation||2||25||50|
|Tamil to English Translation||2||25||50|
|Candidates who qualify minimum qualifying marks (i.e. 25) in Part A will be eligible for evaluation of Part B|
|Essay Writing on ‘Thirukkural’||2||20||40|
|Letter writing (Official)||2||20||40|
Candidates who are qualified in both prelims and mains exam will be called for an interview that is an oral test. The oral test is conducted for 40 marks. After conducting three tests, the final list is prepared based on merit.
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Common Syllabus 2020
The topics covered in the syllabus for the TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examination – IIA and Group 2 examination will cover the following topics:
Preliminary Exam Syllabus
- General Science – Environment and Ecology, Scientific Knowledge and Scientific temper, Nature of Universe, Elements and Compounds, Salts, Acids, Fertilizers, Bases, Petroleum Products, Pesticides, Main concepts of Life Science etc.
- Current Events – History, Polity, Geography, Economics and Science
- Geography of India – Location – Physical features, Transport – Communication, Natural calamity, Social geography etc.
- History and culture of India – India as a Secular State, Social harmony, Characteristics of Indian culture, Change and Continuity in the Socio – Cultural History of India, Indus valley civilization
- Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Indian National Movement
- History, Culture, Heritage and Socio – Political Movement in Tamil Nadu
- Development Administration in TN
Aptitude & Mental Ability Test
- Logical Reasoning
- Time and Work Decision making and problem-solving
- Lowest Common Multiple
- Highest Common factor
- Ratio and proportion
Main Exam Syllabus
For title 1 to 5 in main written examination, following syllabus will be applicable
- Origin and Development of Tamil Civilization
- Dramatic Art Form
- Musical Tradition of Tamil Nadu
- Sangam Period Literature
- Contemporary Tamil Language
- Contribution of Social Reform Movements
- Rationalist Movements
- Socio – Economic History
For title 6 – Essay writing on the following topics from ‘Thirukkural’
- Significance as a Secular literature
- Thirukkural and Universal Values – Equality, Humanism, etc.
- Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity
- Relevance to Everyday Life
- Relevance to Socio – Politico – Economic affairs
- Philosophical content in Thirukkural
For title 7, there will be syllabus of Letter Writing official)
TNPSC Group 2 & Group 2A 2020 Selection Process
For Group 2 Interview posts: For all the positions in Group 2, First Preliminary exam is conducted. Those who have qualified in the prelims exam will be called for the mains exam. In Mains Exam, those who have successfully cracked the exam will be called for Interview (Oral Test). Depending on the marks secured by the candidates, merit list is prepared. To qualify minimum 102 marks should be secured by the candidates out of 340 marks.
For Group 2A Non – interview posts – No interview is conducted in TNPSC Group 2A posts, only written exam is conducted. The merit list is prepared on the basis of marks got in the written examination. The selection of the candidates is taken on the basis of the post applied by the candidates for the positions available. The reservation also plays a crucial role in the selection of the candidates. For complete details about the reservation policy, candidates can visit the page of TNPSC at tnpsc.gov.in.
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Hall Tickets 2020
All the interested and eligible candidates must download the TNPSC Group 2A 2020 hall ticket from the official website www.tnpscexams.net. Candidates should have registration number and password to download the TNPSC Hall ticket. Downloading of TNPSC Group 2 2020 hall ticket is allowed before 10 days of commencement of TNPSC Examinations. No hall ticket/admit card is sent through post or courier. Everyone has to download the TNPSC Admit card online only. On the backside of the TNPSC hall ticket, some important instructions are given. Read those instructions before going to the TNPSC Examination center.
How To Download TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Admit Card 2020?
- Go to the official website TNPSC i.e www.tnpscexams.net
- Find the link of the examination that you are going to write “Combined Civil Service Examination Group 2A & Group 2.
- Against that examination Click on the option ” Click to Download TNPSC Admit card”
- Now enter registration number and password in the boxes provided there.
- Now click on the submit button.
- Now download or take the print out of the TNPSC Group 2 2020 admit card.
TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Result 2020
To check examination results one should wait at least for a month. After the exam is successfully conducted candidates are eager to know TNPSC exam results. The declaration of results will be notified to the candidates through their registered mobile number and email id. In some cases, you will not get notified, so we are advising the candidates to check the official website for regular updates on TNPSC Results.
How To Check TNPSC Group 2A & Group 2 Result?
- Knowing the results is the only option is to visit the official website @ http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/results.html
- To know the TNPSC results, find post name, under that find the link Combined Civil Service Examination – IIA& Group 2, under that find was written exam results. Now you are going an option “Download CV”. Click on that link. A PDF is downloaded it contains all the selected candidate’s roll numbers for Certificate verification (CV).
- Rank and marks can also be checked by clicking on the respective link and by submitting the registration number.
If you have any doubts on TNPSC Group 2A & TNPSC Group 2 2020 notification comment below we will reply as soon as possible.